Application close date:
30 March 2018
What is a Professional Development Grant?
The Grant provides funding to meet the professional development needs of people in the Adult and Community Education sector.
Two kinds of Professional Development Grants are available:
A Small Professional Development Grant of between $2000 and $5000 to address professional development priorities.
An Innovation Professional Development Grant of between $10,000 and $30,000 for innovative professional development strategies.
Priority will be given to applications that:
- focus on improving learning outcomes for priority learners (including Māori and Pasifika)
- link to the Tertiary Education Strategy 2014-2019
- link to existing professional development plans
- are collaborative (applications from a single organisation or community group will not be considered)
- focus on learner pathways (refer to the ACE Learner Pathway tool)
- show an understanding of the role of change leadership and management (adjusting to the environment, models of collaboration between providers)
- include a robust evaluation approach (methods that measure learning, collecting evidence to inform ongoing improvements)
- specify learning outcomes to be achieved
Who can apply?
Providers, community groups, and networks involved in adult and community education are eligible to apply.
What is Adult and Community Education (ACE)?
ACE occurs alongside the formal education system and is accessible to all. Adult and Community Education (ACE) is part of New Zealand’s tertiary and broader education sector. ACE is identified in many forms including informal education and non-formal education, post-compulsory education, adult learning, lifelong learning, leisure and recreation learning. Through ACE adults may choose to engage in a range of education activities within the community. It provides individual and group learning and promotes whānau empowerment, equity, active citizenship, critical and social awareness and sustainable development.
How do I apply?
If this sounds like the work you are doing and you would like to apply for funding for training and development you can:
Completed applications can be sent to:
Professional Development Grants
PO Box 12114